Dr. Kesani has had a long standing interest in medical research and is a well published author.
1. A Kesani, M Akmal, A Goodship and G Bentley. Effects of nicotine on intervertebral disc cells. J Bone Joint Surg [Br] 2003; 85-B;Supp I:6
2. M Akmal, A Kesani and G Bentley. Infected Total Joint Arthroplasty – A Novel Diagnostic Technique. J Bone Joint Surg [BR] 2003; 85-B;Supp I:2.
3. Singh, M Akmal, B Enobakhare, A Kesani, A Goodship and G Bentley. The Effects of Hyaluronic Acid on Articular Chondrocytes. J Bone Joint Surg [Br] 2003; 85-B;Supp I:5
4. M Akmal, A Kesani, B Anand, A Singh, M Wiseman and A Goodship. Effect of Nicotine in Spinal Disc Cells: A Cellular Mechanism for Disc Degeneration? Spine. 2004 Mar 1;29(5):568-75.
5. M Akmal, A Singh, A Anand, A Kesani, H Aslam, A Goodship, G Bentley. The Effect of Hyaluronic Acid on Articular Chondrocytes. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2005 Aug;87(8):1143-9.
6. PA Basu, A K Kesani, GS Stacy, TD Peabody. Endometriosis of the vastus lateralis muscle. Skeletal Radiol. 2005 Nov 25;:1-4
7. A K Kesani, A Gandhi, and SS Lin. Electrical Bone Stimulation Devices in Foot and Ankle Surgery: Types of Devices, Scientific Basis and Clinical Indications for Their Use. Foot Ankle Int. 2006 Feb;27(2):148-56.
8. A K Kesani, B Tuy, K Beebe, F Patterson, and J Benevenia. Single-bone forearm reconstruction for malignant and aggressive tumors. Clin Orthop Relat Res 2007 Nov;464:210-6.
9. F A Liporace, R S Yoon, and A K Kesani. Transient common peroneal nerve palsy following skeletal tibial traction in a morbidly obese patient – case report of a preventable complication. Patient Saf Surg.2012 Feb 21;6(1):4. doi:10.1186/1754-9493-6-4.
10. A K Kesani, J C Urquhart, N Bedard, P Leelapattana, F Siddiqi, K R Gurr, C S Bailey. Systemic inflammatory response syndrome in spinal cord injury patients: Does its presence at admission affect patient outcomes? J Neurosurg Spine.2014 Aug;21(2):296-302. doi: 10.3171/2014.3.SPINE13784. Epub 2014 May 16