If you or someone you know has been dealing with an autoimmune disorder, you know how difficult it is to find the right treatment options. When you are someone that is looking for natural remedies for autoimmune disease, it can be even more challenging to treat autoimmune disease holistically and know you are making the best choices. The more you know about treating or the ability to reverse autoimmune disease with natural therapies, the easier it is to get results.
What Is Autoimmune Disease?
An autoimmune disorder is something that impacts the immune system, which is the body’s natural line of defense against disease. Where the immune system usually battles disease, the disorder makes it so that it also attacks the healthy cells in the body and impacts various tissues and organs. There are many types of this disorder, which might come with little or no symptoms in some people, while others will have a host of symptoms.
Can you cure autoimmune disease naturally? While there is no curative therapy, there are many ways that you can use natural remedies for autoimmune diseases and get excellent results.
Common Types Of Autoimmune Disorders
There are about 80 or more disorders, but these are the common types of autoimmune issues people have:
- Pernicious Anemia – This form of anemia makes it difficult for the body to absorb B12 and lowers red blood cell count.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis – This disorder involves inflammation of the body’s joints and the surrounding tissues.
- Scleroderma – This connective tissue condition leads to changes in muscles, skin, internal organs, and blood vessels.
- Psoriasis – This skin disease brings about silvery patches (scaling) and redness on the skin.
- Type 1 Diabetes – This health issue destroys insulin-producing cells located in the pancreas.
The immune system in the body puts out antibodies to help fight antigens that work to destroy various harmful substances like viruses and bacteria. When someone has an autoimmune disease, their immune system cannot distinguish between healthy tissues and antigens. The result is the body attacking the healthy tissue, leading to many conditions, including those listed.
Looking At Alternative Treatment For Autoimmune Disease
When working with a natural practitioner, you can learn about the best diets for autoimmune diseases and various supplements you can add to your daily routine. For some people, the best options to add to their lifestyle include things like:
- Tea – Green and black teas have amazing beneficial compounds like theaflavins, catechins, and flavonoids.
- Apples – This fruit contains quercetin, which helps reduce swelling. You will also find it in red grapes, capers, berries, and red onions.
- Ginger – This beneficial root is a natural remedy that prevents and treats autoimmune diseases.
- Omega-3 – Essential fatty acids found in salmon, flax, nuts, chickpeas, anchovies, and sardines help strengthen the heart and reduce inflammation.
Do you have questions on these and other natural remedies for autoimmune diseases? Get in touch with us at Autoimmune Angels by calling (507) 258-4465 or contact us for a free health assessment so that you can learn more about taking control of your wellness and health.Natural Remedies For Autoimmune Disease